CANDLE CARE TIPS
To ensure you get the most out of your luxury LUHO candle, we want to share some helpful candle care tips with you!
BURN BABY BURN
THE FIRST BURN
For your first burn, please keep your LUHO candle lit for at least two hours before extinguishing. This will allow the wax melt pool to reach the edges of the tin or glass.
Coconut-apricot wax is different from other waxes because of its low melting-point. It is a creamier, softer wax which means its not necessary to have a full melt pool each and every time you burn your LUHO candle.
But if you can, we do recommend that you try to reach a full melt pool. This will allow your candle to burn evenly and prevent possible ‘tunneling.’
PROCEED WITH CAUTION
Candle care and safety is very important to avoid any accidents, injuries/burns, and fires. Please adhere to these rules for all candles, including ours:
- Before lighting your candle, trim your wood wick to 1/8 inch (3 mm) before each burn to ensure your wood wick catches the flame properly.
- Always burn your candle in a well-ventilated room and within sight. Never leave your burning candle unattended.
- Always burn your candle on heat-resistant surfaces to avoid damages to countertop surfaces.
- Do not burn your candle for longer than 3-4 hours at a time and stop using your candle when 1/4-1/2 inch (6-12 mm) of unmelted wax remains.
- Keep burning candles away from flammable materials, children and pets.
- Do not light your candle on or near any objects that can catch fire, and do not place on or near other heat sources.
- Do not place your candle in a draft filled area such as a hallway, near a window or by a fireplace.
- Never touch a burning candle or move a candle while the wax is pooled. Allow the container to cool completely before moving the candle.
- Ensure that your candle is completely extinguished and the wick ember is no longer glowing before leaving the candle unattended.
- Do not allow any dust, debris, wick trimmings, or any other materials collect in the wax by keeping your lid on when not in use and removing all wick trimmings from the container.
Every LUHO purchase/order will include a candle care safety card, but if you have any questions or you're not sure about something, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
A LITTLE BIT OF LOVE GOES A LONG WAY
Wood wicks are more delicate than traditional cotton wicks and can take more care and patience to maintain. But trust us, it's so worth it!
Both on the first burn and every new burn, trim your wood wick to 1/8 inch (3 mm). The shorter height allows the wax to capillary up the wick to feed the flame properly.
You can trim your wood wick by breaking off the black bits of the wick with your fingernails, small scissors, a wick trimmer, or even nail clippers!
Tip: The best way to light your wood wick is to use either a match or a utility lighter (lighters with longer necks like a BBQ lighter).
REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE
Our LUHO candle tins and jars can be repurposed into many things after you've finished using it!
When roughly 1/4-1/2 inch (6-12 mm) of unmelted wax remains, discontinue using your candle and place it in the freezer. Once the wax has hardened, the wax and wick can be chipped out.
Alternatively you can boil about 1 inch of water in a pot on the stove and once boiled, turn the burner down to the lowest setting. Then place the container in the boiled water (don't let water get inside the vessel if possible) and let the remaining wax melt slowly. Once the wax has melted, pour it out into a trash bin and then wipe out any remaining wax and the wick with a paper towel. Finish off by washing the container in very hot, soapy water.
Rubbing alcohol can be used to remove any leftover wax residue.
Dispose of the hard or liquid wax in a trash bin. DO NOT POUR ANY WAX DOWN YOUR DRAIN!
Caution: The container will be very hot! Please wear rubber gloves to protect your hands from the boiling water or hot melted wax!
OUR COMMITMENT TO BEING ECO-FRIENDLY
Return your clean tin or jar (with the lid) + the wooden wick tab to receive $1 off your next candle purchase!
1 container = $1 off
Please note: empty tealight cups cannot be reused but they are recyclable.
The earth and our tiny team thank you for helping us reduce our impact on the environment!
Please note: used containers are only accepted at our local pickup location, our delivery drop-offs and any markets we're attending. Empty tins and jars shipped back to us via Canada Post or other delivery services are not eligible for the recycling program at this time.